The House of the Blackheads (Melngalvju nams), one of the most beautiful buildings in Riga was destroyed during World War II, because the building of the Blackheads' Organization was one of the most impressive architectural monuments in the city. This building, first mentioned in 1344, built in Gothic style, was a seat of single merchants belonging to the Merchants' Guild. Their patron was St.Mauricius, therefore it gained the name of Blackheads' Organization. This building was not only a meeting place, but it was used as an excellent concert hall as well. The building of Blackheads' Organization was rebuilt in 1999. The photos were taken on June 29, 2009.